Thursday, April 4, 2013

Woohoo! Skull Island Expeditions!

Today's post will be a quicky but a goody.
For those who didn't see the announcement, Privateer Press finally launched their digital library Skull Island Expeditions! I've been looking for some fiction worth putting on my iPad, and I think I've found exactly that.

I'm really excited with the direction they're taking. They have a few continuing stories for Mercenaries (which seems to be the safest compromise for their first releases), as well as a series of novellas that will focus on individual warlocks and warcasters. There are also actual novels releasing in the future, but I like the idea of novellas to satisfy my appetite. For those who will read the book fluff, this is a dream come true!

I know I wanted novels when first starting the game, and PP fleshing out their universe seems to be a another big step in establishing themselves as legitimate competition for gamers' attention. I'm not saying it's been an underdog all these years, but having fiction outside of rulebooks and expansions opens up the door for new gamers to find the hobby, as well as let those who enjoy the universe to become even more invested in the stories.

Well done PP, I'm excited to give you my money for this one!

See you tomorrow (and only 1 day left until the giveaway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Seller

Blog Archive