Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Slow and Steady

So... I'm a little bummed.

When I'm doing a commission, I like to set myself goals that I know I can just barely make. Today my goal was to get the 15mm models fully painted, washed, and ready to seal. I technically will accomplish that goal before I go to bed, but I'd really hoped to share the photos with all of you. I could have just plowed through things and sacrificed accuracy, but I'd rather take a few more hours to do it right; plus it means you all get to wait in anticipation even longer!

Today was a bit hectic. One of the hard things about being a commission painter and stay at home dad is that when the kids aren't sleeping, I rarely go more than 20 minutes before I have to answer a question or settle a dispute. I wouldn't have it any other way, but holy cow does it take learning something new and turn up the difficulty by 1 or 2 notches. Still, I'm incredibly happy with my results so far.

Everything is ready to be washed. The colors look pretty stark right now, but they'll all blend together nicely in the end.

Here's a bazooka team.



Mini grenade, incoming!



And here's the distance they should be viewed at.



I'm off to paint up the larger rocks to set them apart from the rest of the terrain, and then hit the models with some washes.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Seller

Blog Archive