Monday, July 4, 2011

Episode 53 Mini-Preview (UPDATED!)

UPDATE! Episode 53 will debut this Wednesday, 7/6, at 11pm EST on ScrewAttack.com! As a little tease, here's a trio of screencaps from the episode itself. Those looking to remain 100% spoiler-free are advised not to click through and/or scroll all the way down, though since the visuals can't "spoil" what the actual topic is it's mostly about visual gags. Just so no one is dissapointed, though, I will say in advance that this is not the innevitable Supreme Court episode, but that said episode is coming in the near future...

This episode offers the best "flying" special-effects you've
seen since "Superman IV: The Quest For Peace." 

I'm fairly proud of this one, because it represents (in my opinion, anyway) the most completely-realized "merging" of the MAIN, consistent focus of the series (re: topical editorial/lecture pieces) and the action/spoof "narrative" secondary elements that I've been working to integrate starting with the AntiThinker/Quest/War run earlier this year.

Our ALL NEW recurring character, Police Commissioner John
"BunnyFace" Bonifacio, is my favorite instance yet of my love
of absurd humor and my hatred of having to hire/pay actual
actors combining for the optimal result. My brother's rabbit,
"Dylan," plays the part. He MAY get a nicer desk in the future.

I don't want to spoil any more than that, but speaking just for myself this particular episode (the working title of which is "Things Learned In The Dark", incidentally) is the closest I've yet come to achieving the type of product I envisioned when I began setting up the retooling/upgrading of the show in the first place. I hope that fans old, new and future find a lot to like in it.

This still represents about five hours of sprite-animation and
compositing; but also the fulfillment of a 23 year dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Seller

Blog Archive